Codebreaker Club October Replay.
The Gamification Insider detective collective has ruled: each Codebreaker Club recording shall remain accessible for four weeks, beyond which it shall vanish without a trace. Thus, this recording’s final hour looms, extending only until Wednesday, 8th November 2023.
Should you have missed this month’s rendezvous with the Codebreaker Club, there’s no need for concern. We’ve prepared a set of inquiries for you to deliberate upon, tailored to complement the recorded session.
These questions are your key to unlocking the potential of the gamification techniques unveiled in this month’s Inside Scoop and discovering their application within your own business!
In pursuit of truth 🔍
Technique 1 | Milestones.
- Spend three minutes writing down as many ways you can think of to add some milestones to your business. Either to motivate yourself or your customers/audience.
Put a timer on for 3 minutes and write down as many as you can!
- Then pick the two that you think would make the biggest difference in your business right now and write ‘heads’ by one and ‘tails’ by the other.
- Flip a coin to decide which one to work on. Spend 4 minutes writing out milestones for that topic.
Technique 2 | Senses.
- Spend some time thinking about how other businesses (or your own business) have used the senses to enhance an experience or more specifically to motivate people to action:
Technique 3 | Rewards.
- Take 5 minutes to think of ideas that you could use for rewards – from free stuff all the way up to super expensive, for yourself or your audience. Remember to consider whether those rewards are relevant, appropriate and motivational for the person you are incentivising!
- Take 7 minutes to think about the milestones you picked earlier and what rewards you could associate with reaching each one. You can use some of the ideas we just came up with! Or use the word cloud we generated during Codebreaker Club for inspiration here.
Struggling? Please post in post in GI Agency HQ (the Facebook group) and ask your fellow detectives for help.
Technique 4 | Relatedness.
Pick one of the following three options and spend 10 minutes working on them:
Option 1. Think of a slogan for your community or audience that will make them feel a sense of belonging. This can be based on the values and terminology you worked on in the previous Codebreaker Club. This slogan can then be used as part of your marketing, any documentation and your presentations.
Option 2. Think about your community/audience and just like the NHS blood donation service has done, consider what joint action they can take to make them feel bonded / like they are part of a community. This doesn’t have to be huge, it could be small like all sharing the words ‘I am a business game changer’ on social media, or something big like working together towards a joint aim like fundraising or completing a challenge together. Make it relevant to what you and your audience/community want to achieve.
Option 3. In the basketball example, the group cheered for, commiserated with and generally made the strangers feel involved. They used something that everyone knows how to do instinctively (throw a ball at a hoop) to create an automatic feeling of belonging. Think about how could you add something (or amend something) for your audience or community to help people feel involved without a barrier to entry (a.k.a make it easy) so that you can all cheer for each other or commiserate together. Building that team spirit.
You’ve hopefully now got plenty of ideas for what to implement in your business from these four techniques and you’re probably thinking oh crap how am I going to fit all of this in?
You don’t have to.
- I want you to spend the next 5 minutes looking at all of the ideas you’ve written down and circle your top three. You can choose how you prioritise them depending on what’s important in your business right now, could be that you pick three revenue-generating activities, or choose three that don’t take much time or something else.
- Put a star next to the ONE non-negotiable. If you only get one of your top three done this month that non-negotiable starred item is one you need to do!
- Post on this post in GI Agency HQ to let us know what your one non-negotiable is for this month so we can hold you accountable.